Anytime you want to sell your house fast in Waxahachie, it is important to be familiar with and understand all the options open to you. There are multiple avenues available to you to sell your [home], and in this post we will look into two of the most popular ways: listing your home with a real estate agent and selling your house to a local investor. Hopefully by the end you will have a good idea of which option is right for you.
If You Hire A Waxahachie Real Estate Agent
As you probably already know, listing your home with a real estate agent or brokerage means you will have to pay a commission of about 5-6% if they are able to successfully sell your house in Waxahachie. On top of this cost, there are a number of other costs associated with selling your house that are typically overlooked during this process.
- Marketing – If you want to sell your home successfully on the retail market, many home sellers end up needing to utilize marketing that goes beyond the scope of their real estate agent. This can include professional photography, virtual tours, or premium listings.
- Repairs – Even if your house is in great shape, there is almost always something that will need fixing, and these aren’t always obvious. Whether it is a new coat of paint, replacing a leaky faucet, or patching a hole in the wall, these repairs will add up faster than most people think. Sometimes it can even be something not immediately obvious, like plumbing or foundation work.
- Staging – When you list your home you will want it to look its very best. This means you should take some time to hide away the clutter and decorate it in a way that is the most appealing to potential home buyers. Often, your real estate agent may suggest staging your home. Whether or not you hire a professional stager in Waxahachie, making the house pretty can cost a pretty penny, and can bring a lot of stress from needing to constantly keep it clean.
- Holding Costs – The holding costs include things like your property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills, and maintenance. These costs don’t stop when you list your house, so the longer it stays on the market, the more you end up paying that you won’t get back when you sell. In fact, keeping your house in tip-top shape can actually drive your holding costs up even higher.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2% of the final sale price toward your closing costs. Many people are surprised how much they end up paying for someone else to buy their house!
- Cleaning – Before you list and while it is on the market, the house will need to be kept clean. Many people opt to have it cleaned professionally before it is listed, maintaining the home while it is listed. You should also consider professional carpet cleaning, power washing, and yard clean-up and hauling expenses, because all of these things play a factor in “curb appeal.”
Even so, hiring an agent has the potential to get the highest price possible. Just be sure that you take the time to do an accurate list of all the costs mentioned above and deduct that from the list price—that way you can be sure that selling your house with an agent is right for you.
Fortunately, hiring a Waxahachie real estate agent means that they will take care of a big portion of the effort that goes into actually selling your house. However, the process also requires some of your time and effort as well to be efficient. A few examples of things that could take up a good chunk of your time when selling your house include:
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Completing repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it, sometimes at a moment’s notice
- Waiting for an offer and hoping it matches your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers, which can be especially frustrating after inspection time
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Handling issues found during the title search
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers and making the house available to them
Possibly the worst part of the process of selling your house on the retail market is that you can deal with everything above only to still have to sale fall through at the last minute! If you’ve spent any time shopping for a house in the past, it’s very likely that you’ll see properties go into the “pending” part of the process only to be re-listed a few weeks later when funding fell through.
One of the most anxiety-inducing parts of hiring a real estate agent to sell your house is the unknown. You won’t know a lot of things: whether you will get your asking price, whether your improvements will provide a return for you or not, and many other things. This isn’t just stressful—it makes it nearly impossible to fully plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor
It’s no secret that when you sell your house to an investor like Burnson Homes LLC in Waxahachie, the sale price usually isn’t as high as the retail market. However, oftentimes the amount you save will more than make up this difference. When Burnson Homes LLC buys houses, we buy them as-is, meaning that you won’t have to worry about repair costs or holding costs. You will also save money by not paying commissions or closing costs, and knowing that you aren’t paying someone else’s agent as well.
Often, we are able to close in just a few days, possibly saving you a fortune in holding costs and stress. You don’t even have to clean the house—only pack up the items you actually wish to keep. When Burnson Homes LLC buys homes, we handle everything else, including cleaning and getting rid of any items you wish to leave behind. Working with us means you can sell your house in less time, giving you convenience and a fair price.
Often, we are able to close in just a few days, possibly saving you a fortune in holding costs and stress. You don’t even have to clean the house—only pack up the items you actually wish to keep. Burnson Homes LLC will handle everything else, including cleaning and getting rid of any items you wish to leave behind. Selling your house to us means you can sell your house in less time, giving you convenience and a fair price.